years of history has made China one of the world's most ancient civilizations.
Its mystery, majesty and traditions have made it extremely diverse and
magnificent. Its unparalleled growth over the past three decades has also
made it a rising power and influential country in the world. Because of these
facts, understanding China is essential to embrace the future in an ever
globalized world, and learning Chinese is a necessity to stay competitive for
Our unique programs offer children age 8-18 and families worldwide
first-hand experience about China's deep traditions as well as its fast-changing
realities as a modern society. Whether you seek total language immersion,
culture understanding, adventure, or personal growth, our programs provide them
all. Sino Language programs are available every summer from June to August. Whether you are a first-time participant or returning student,
and you have two weeks or two months, there is a program for you.
Youth Chinese Immersion Program in Beijing
Session / Dates
|Chinese Learning & Culture Immersion
||Language skills improvement and Chinese culture
understanding are equally weighted in this program. The tour towards the end
of the session adds greater understanding to China's history by visiting
to the magnificent sites of Terracotta Warriors in Xi'an.
||Language skills improvement and Chinese culture
understanding are equally weighted in this program. The end-of-program
tour offers a chance to enjoy the peculiar natural beauty, brilliant culture, and
the nomadic lifestyle of Mongolians. Horse and camel riding add great
fun to grassland experience.
||Mount Tai &
||Language skills improvement and Chinese
culture understanding are equally weighted in this program. Experience
the significance historical and cultural mountain - Mt. Tai, one of the
"Five Great Mountains" of China. Camp participants will also visit the
hometown of Confucius and learn more about the Confucianism.
Click on above Session code to review the itinerary.
What you will expect in the camp
- An orientation session including a welcome package does everything possible to get you
off to a good start in your new lives abroad.
- Well-trained bi-lingual counselors will give you advises and helps
anytime you need
- Answer questions and solve problems immediately
- Accompany students 24/7, chaperon extra-curricular
activities and trips
- Counselor/student ratio as low as 1:6 to ensure
student safety beyond the classroom
- A wide range of free camp services including passport safe-keeping, money
exchange and safe-keeping, are there to help you spend a smooth summer in
- You are fully covered in the event of illness, accident or other travel
emergency from a U.S. top-class insurance provider
- You will also receive a DVD recording your unforgettable camp life and a
camp directory for continue communication between each other
Mandarin Study, Activities, and Culture-enhancing Trips
- A Preliminary Chinese Proficiency Test
helps you study in the right class.
- Intensive Mandarin
Classes are offered 25 hours a week at all levels with 6-10 students
in each class. The classes focus on developing the four main language
skills: speaking, listening, reading and writing, while each has its own
emphasis. Cultural knowledge is also incorporated into our courses read
- Beginner: tone differentiation, pronunciation, survival language
Elementary: listening & speaking, vocabulary developing
Intermediate: vocabulary developing, reading
- Advanced: writing & culture understanding
- Qualified Teachers: All morning Mandarin classes are taught by high quality Chinese instructors at
- Native Chinese speakers
- Credentialed in Teaching Chinese As a Second Language in master's degree
- Enthusiastic about teaching�
- Active, relaxed, and caring classroom
- Teaching Methods: A variety of
teaching methods are employed targeting at different age groups and levels,
including lecture, spoken practice, role-playing, games, quiz, review,
debate, group work and journal discussion.
- One-on-one Personal Language Tutoring:
In addition to daily core Mandarin classes, SLG has also arranged 1 to 1.5
hour one-on-one personal tutoring each day to help participants achieving maximal
learning result. The tutors/language buddies are pre-selected Chinese
university or high school students.
- Certificates and Grade Cards will be
issued to participants jointly by the host school and SLG as a token of
their efforts in studying Chinese language at the end of the study.
- A Wide Range of Cultural Classes are provided in the afternoons, including: Chinese
history & geography, Chinese martial arts, traditional brush
painting, calligraphy, engraving, paper-cutting, Chinese cooking etc.
- After Classes Activities: students can participate in plenty of outdoor activities like
soccer, basketball, volleyball, tennis, ping-pong,
badminton, swimming etc.
- Mandarin-oriented Group Activities:
SLG camp has specially designed a variety of group activities aiming at
improving student's Mandarin skills. These fun activities invlove everyone
to speak Mandarin, even the shyest.
- Local Sightseeing/Visits: SLG camp has scheduled visits to the
most famous attractions of Beijing, museums and culture centers.
Participants will also have chances to enjoy traditional Chinese Kungfu and
session or at the beginning. It is aimed to give students deeper
understanding about China from a different perspective. Participants will
enjoy to ride on
on the trip depends on the availability. China is the first and only country to have commercial
high-speed train service on conventional rail lines that can reach a top
operational speed of 350 km/h (217 mph).
- Specialty Options:
Have you already
visited sites included in the program? Get special interests in a particular
subject? No problem. You may substitute cultural classes, after-class
activities, sightseeing/visits, even culture-enhancing trip with the
following Specialty Packages (read
|Spoken practice is proven the most effective way of improving
listening and speaking skills. Yes. More hours are good.
||One-on-one Chinese language tutoring (8 hours)
||One-on-one Chinese language tutoring (16 hours)
|Chinese arts are so beautiful and attractive.
||Calligraphy (8 hours)
||Brush Painting (8 hours)
Martial Arts (8 hours)
|Can't get enough shots / strokes? You have the options.
||Tennis (10 hours)
||Badminton (10 hours)
||Swimming (10 hours)
Two housing options:
- Homestay: Living with a host family allows students to use
Chinese on a regular basis and also gain insight into the local lifestyle.
Host families are chosen from the school faculty and administrators who
apply to host SLG students. They usually live either on the
university campus or nearby. Students usually have their own rooms or
share a room with one other student in an air-conditioned home. You will
have breakfast at the host family, but lunch and dinner at school with your
peers.�Available to students age 14 or above.
- University Residence: Students rooms and meals will be at the
international student residence
and dining hall of the host university
- Beautiful, world-renowned university campus
(including CUN or BLCU)
- Double-occupancy (Depending on the school,
there might be single rooms or apartments available.)
- Live next to each other with on-site counselors
- Very-well equipped room: private bathroom with hot water shower, A/C, TV, phone, full sets
of furniture, and Internet access
- A variety of dishes each meal in a buffet style
- Sufficient sports fields right on-campus
- 8 to 18 1/2 years of age upon departure;
applicants younger than 12 are recommended to have one parent accompanied or pay
a children supplement
- Ready to adjust to the different values, lifestyle and attitudes of a
- Willing to learn Chinese language
- In good health and have excellent character references
You are not required to speak Chinese to enter the program. However, to maximize
the camp experience, it is important that you are interested in foreign
cultures. Students are expected to embrace local Chinese culture while also be
willing to exemplify positive attributes of the society and life of your own