years of history has made China one of the world's most ancient civilizations.
Its mystery, majesty and traditions have made it extremely diverse and
magnificent. Its unparalleled growth over the past three decades has also
made it a rising power and influential country in the world. Because of these
facts, understanding China is essential to embrace the future in an ever
globalized world, and learning Chinese is a necessity to stay competitive for
Our unique programs offer children age 8-18 and families worldwide
first-hand experience about China's deep traditions as well as its fast-changing
realities as a modern society. Whether you seek total language immersion,
culture understanding, adventure, or personal growth, our programs provide them
all. Sino Language programs are available every summer from June to August. Whether you are a first-time participant or returning student,
and you have two weeks or two months, there is a program for you.
2015 Youth Chinese Immersion Program in Beijing
Session / Dates
|Chinese Learning & Culture Immersion
in Beijing (LCB)
Session specific: Optional extended weekly homestay experience (6/28-7/04)
Session specific: 1) Optional extended homestay experience (6/28-7/06)
2) A trip to the Shidu Juma Paridase in the countryside allows students
to enjoy the mountain and water sceneary, cooler temperature out from
the summer heat and have a lot of fun playing with bamboo raft, water
walking ball, ropeway, etc.
Session specific: A trip to the Inner Mongolia
offers a chance to enjoy the peculiar natural beauty, brilliant culture,
and the nomadic lifestyle of Mongolians. Horse and camel riding add
great fun to grassland experience.
Click on above Session code to review the itinerary.
What you will expect in the camp
- Language skills improvement and Chinese culture understanding are
equally weighted in this program.
- Qualified teaching team, professional teaching style and careful
selection of textbooks will enable students to improve Chinese proficiency
to the highest degree.
- An orientation session including a welcome package does everything possible to get you
off to a good start in your new lives abroad.
- Well-trained bi-lingual counselors will give you advises and help
anytime you need
- Answer questions and solve problems immediately
- Accompany students 24/7, chaperon extra-curricular
activities and trips
- Counselor/student ratio as low as 1:6 to ensure
student safety beyond the classroom
- A wide range of free camp services including passport safe-keeping, money
exchange and safe-keeping, are there to help you spend a smooth summer in
- You are fully covered in the event of illness, accident or other travel
emergency from a U.S. top-class insurance provider
- You will receive a free DVD recording your unforgettable camp life
Three major components packed in each session guarantee your learn more
Chinese in 3 weeks than you have in a year!
Mandarin lesson + Direct interaction with locals + Culture activities and
A Preliminary Chinese Proficiency Test
helps you study in the right class.
- Intensive Mandarin
Classes are offered around 60 hours in our 21 days camp at all levels with
only 3-8 students
in each class. The classes focus on developing the four main language
skills: speaking, listening, reading and writing, while each has its own
emphasis. Cultural knowledge is also incorporated into our courses read
- Beginner: tone differentiation, pronunciation, survival language
Elementary: listening & speaking, vocabulary developing
Intermediate: vocabulary developing, reading
- Advanced: writing & culture understanding
- Qualified Teachers: All morning Mandarin classes are taught by high quality Chinese instructors at
- Native Chinese speakers
- Credentialed in Teaching Chinese As a Second Language
- Enthusiastic about teaching
- Active, relaxed, and caring classroom
- Teaching Methods: A variety of
teaching methods are employed targeting at different age groups and levels,
including lecture, conversation practice in real life setting, role-playing, games, quiz, review,
debate, group work and journal discussion.
- One-on-one Personal Language Tutoring:
In addition to daily Mandarin classes led by professional language teacher,
we have also arranged 1.5
hour one-on-one personal tutoring each day to help participants achieving maximal
learning result. The tutors/language buddies are pre-selected from Chinese
university or high school in Beijing.
- Certificates and Grade Cards will be
issued to participants jointly by the host school and SLG as a token of
their efforts in studying Chinese language at the end of the study.
- A Wide Range of Cultural Classes are provided in the afternoons, including: Chinese
history & geography, Chinese martial arts, traditional brush
painting, calligraphy, engraving, paper-cutting, Chinese cooking etc.
Culture courses help students get a thorough understanding of Chinese
language and culture in a relaxing way which will benefit their language
- After Classes Activities: students can participate in plenty of outdoor activities like
basketball, volleyball, tennis, ping-pong,
badminton, swimming right in the school campus.
- Mandarin-oriented Group Activities: SLG camp has specially designed a variety of group activities aiming at
improving student's Mandarin skills. These fun activities invlove everyone
to speak Mandarin, even the shyest.
- Local Sightseeing/Visits in Beijing:
Trips always are the most exciting part of our camp. SLG camp
has included several visits to the most famous attractions of Beijing, museums and
culture centers. The visits provide insights towards Chinese culture which
in turn will complement the language study. For the exact sites, please view
our camp itinerary.
culture-enhancing trip to other part of China:
A multi-day trip
in each of our 21 days sessions. It is aimed to give students deeper
understanding about China from a different perspective. Participants will
enjoy to ride on
on the trip depends on the availability. China is the first and only country to have commercial
high-speed train service on conventional rail lines that can reach a top
operational speed of 350 km/h (217 mph).
- Specialty Options:
Have you already
visited sites included in the program? Get special interests in a particular
subject? No problem. You may substitute cultural classes, after-class
activities, sightseeing/visits, even the culture-enhancing trip with the
following Specialty Packages (read
|Spoken practice is proven the most effective way of improving
listening and speaking skills. Yes. More hours are good.
||One-on-one Chinese language tutoring (7 hours)
||One-on-one Chinese language tutoring (15 hours)
|Chinese arts are so beautiful and attractive.
||Calligraphy (7 hours)
||Brush Painting (7 hours)
||Martial Arts (7 hours)
|Can't get enough shots / strokes? You have the options.
||Tennis (10 hours)
||Badminton (10 hours)
||Swimming (10 hours)
- School Residence: Students rooms and meals will be at the
international student residence and dining hall of the host school
- Safe and clean school campus
- Double-occupancy (Depending on the school,
there might be single rooms or apartments available.)
- Live next to each other with on-site counselors
- Very-well equipped room: private bathroom with hot water shower, A/C, TV, full sets
of furniture and bedding, Wifi Internet and phone access
- A variety of dishes each meal in a buffet style
- Sufficient sports fields right on-campus
- Homestay: In addition to the regular camp session, you have the
option to extend the camp for one more week and live with a Chinese host
family if choosing our session 1 or session 2. Living with a host family allows students to use
Chinese on a regular basis and also gain insight into the local lifestyle.
Student usually will have their own room or share a room with one other student in an
air-conditioned home. The host family will provide meals, and student will
share bathroon and kitchen with the family. Available to students age 14 or above.
- 8 to 18 1/2 years of age upon departure;
applicants younger than 12 are recommended to have one parent accompanied or pay
a children supplement
- Ready to adjust to the different values, lifestyle and attitudes of a
- Willing to learn Chinese language
- In good health and have excellent character references
You are not required to speak Chinese to enter the program. However, to maximize
the camp experience, it is important that you are interested in foreign
cultures. Students are expected to embrace local Chinese culture while also be
willing to exemplify positive attributes of the society and life of your own